Re: executeQuery and busy waiting

От Garrick Dasbach
Тема Re: executeQuery and busy waiting
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Well, we found the problem.  Using a Packet Sniffer we found that
Postgres was sending Thousands of 8K messages back to our JDBC test
Program.  Inside these packets were the text from the 'NOTICE' commands
we were using to debug our function.  We didn't realize that Postgres
sent these messages back.  Thus our program was constantly recieving
information, and Postgres could only continue processing the transaction
when it's output buffer had been cleared.

Now that we know what's going on, is there any way to tap into these
NOTICE messages from the server?  Maybe to use as way to track a
function's execution/progress from JDBC.

Thanks for your patience.

Garrick