Re: Address Table

От Nabil Sayegh
Тема Re: Address Table
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Am Fre, 2003-06-27 um 03.09 schrieb Rudi Starcevic:

> I'm just trying to get clear in my head which is the best for this senario.

1. If someday you also want to store information about cinemas you'll
have the same problem again. Now you have 2 tables which contain
addresses

2. After having 42 tables that all store information about addresses you
come to the clever idea that you could store a routemap to that address
:)

3. Now you have to ALTER 42 tables to also store information about
routemaps.

4. You have to store the same routemap for n parks/...

But there are many solutions to a problem, and if you say my solution is
overkill to your problem, you could also pick an other solution.

HTH
--
 e-Trolley Sayegh & John, Nabil Sayegh
 Tel.: 0700 etrolley /// 0700 38765539