Re: Address Table

От Nabil Sayegh
Тема Re: Address Table
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Am Fre, 2003-06-27 um 02.26 schrieb Rudi Starcevic:
> Hi,
>
> Just one other thing.
> With the senario below it's possible to have addresses without a link
> to any Park.
>
> Say if I remove a Park then it's row in the parks_address table still
> exists.

It isn't "it's" row.
It doesnt belong to this 1 park.
There could be another park which uses it (maybe in future).

I would kust let it stay there.

First of all, to make it clearer, I wouldn't call the table:

parks_address

Because this is misleading. The Table is just an

address

table. It doesnt store any information about parks. There could be many
more tables which 'use' addresses (Cinemas, Restaurants).

> I guess I just need to write a script to look for lonely addresses ?
>
> Does that sound OK ?

Well, I personally wouldn't. But of course you could.

HTH
--
 e-Trolley Sayegh & John, Nabil Sayegh
 Tel.: 0700 etrolley /// 0700 38765539