Re: recursive function needs static variable

От Nabil Sayegh
Тема Re: recursive function needs static variable
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Am Mit, 2003-06-25 um 04.34 schrieb Joe Conway:
> Nabil Sayegh wrote:

> Each backend connection is a single threaded process, so there should be
> no problem. But I don't think it needs to be static anyway (see below).

Is this also true for several function calls in 1 query ?

> > I guess, that if I set the variable to 1 at each beginning of the
> > function, it will conflict.

So, this is okay ?

> Add the counter variable to build_tuplestore_recursively()'s arguments.
> Initialize it in connectby(), and increment it every time
> BuildTupleFromCStrings() is called.

Already tried that, but due to the recursion the incrementation steps
get undone each time the build_tuplestore_recursively returns :).
=> The serial is nomore UNIQUE

tfyh
--
 e-Trolley Sayegh & John, Nabil Sayegh