Re: A creepy story about dates. How to prevent it?

От Ron Johnson
Тема Re: A creepy story about dates. How to prevent it?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 2003-06-22 at 00:05, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > Reading the subject, "creepy ... dates", that is exactly how I feel
> > about the described current date behavior --- "creepy".
> >
> > Because I have only seen one person defend our current behavior, and
> > many object, I am going to add to TODO:
> >
> >     * Allow current datestyle to restrict dates;  prevent month/day swapping
> >           from making invalid dates valid?
> >     * Prevent month/day swapping of ISO dates to make invalid dates valid
>
> I added a question mark to the first item so we can consider it later.
> Most agreed on the second item, but a few thought the first one might be
> OK as is.

How about situations where reversing the month and date would
still have "valid but wrong" dates, based upon the LOCALE mask?

I.e., "05/04/2003" is "05-April-2003" or "04-May-2003", depending
on whether the LOCALE implies "DD/MM/YYYY" or "MM/DD/YYYY".

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson |
| "Oh, great altar of passive entertainment, bestow upon me |
|  thy discordant images at such speed as to render linear  |
|  thought impossible" (Calvin, regarding TV)               |