Cygwin linking rules

От Tom Lane
Тема Cygwin linking rules
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Most of the buildfarm is now happy with the changes I made to have
libpq + ecpg get src/port and src/common files via libraries ...
but lorikeet isn't.  It gets through the core regression tests fine
(so libpq, per se, works), but contrib/dblink fails:

! ERROR:  could not establish connection
! DETAIL:  libpq is incorrectly linked to backend functions

What this means is that libpq is calling the backend version of
src/common/link-canary.c rather than the frontend version.
Why would it do the right thing normally and the wrong thing in dblink?

I can think of a few theories but I lack the ability to investigate:

1. Maybe the dblink.dll build is pulling in libpq.a rather than
establishing a reference to libpq.dll.  If so, the wrong things would
happen because libpq.a won't contain the src/common/ files that
libpq needs.  (It seems like libpq.a is an active hazard given
this.  Why are we building it at all?)

2. Maybe we need a --version-script option or something equivalent
to get libpq.dll's references to be preferentially resolved internally
rather than to the backend.  But this doesn't really explain why it
worked properly before.

Сообщение: Re: Adding pipe support to pg_dump and pg_restore
Сообщение: Re: Adding pipe support to pg_dump and pg_restore