Is the max size of a table limited by the max file size of the file system?

От u15074
Тема Is the max size of a table limited by the max file size of the file system?
Дата
Re: Is the max size of a table limited by the max file  ("scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>)
Список pgsql-general
If I am right, for every table in a postgres database a file with a certain
number is created in the postgres data directory for the according database.

So my question is, if the maximum size of a table is limited by the maximum file
size of the underlying filesystem (e.g. 2GB for ufs). Or will a new file be
created if the limit is reached?

Thanks Andreas.

Сообщение: Re: full featured alter table?
Сообщение: Re: full featured alter table?