Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Can't completely get rid of #ifndef FRONTEND in palloc.h :-(

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Can't completely get rid of #ifndef FRONTEND in palloc.h :-(
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> pg_controldata includes postgres.h not postgres_fe.h, so utils/palloc.h
>> must be able to compile in a "#define FRONTEND" context.

> Hmm, I had this patch in an abandoned branch from long ago, which I
> think helped remove postgres.h from pg_controldata.  I remembered it
> just now because of this commit message.  Maybe it's useful to re-remove
> the #ifndef FRONTEND from palloc.h.

Hm.  It would certainly be better if pg_controldata could use
postgres_fe.h not postgres.h, but I'm confused about how the new header
added by this patch helps that?  None of the declarations you removed from
xlog.h look like they'd be more problematic than the ones you left behind.