Re: Problems with renaming a column

От Rod Taylor
Тема Re: Problems with renaming a column
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2003-06-04 at 22:28, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> > Which ones are missing, and should we really be looking at creating a
> > pg_definition_schema instead?
>
> Missing:
>
> Database, schema, table, domain, cast, conversion, function...
>
> Maybe a definition schema might be better.....dunno...it would need to use
> the pg_get_*def functions anyway methinks.

As an interface writer, do you prefer dealing with functions like
pg_get_constraintdef() or a view like the information schema provides?

The function doesn't easily allow determination of items such as the ON
UPDATE or ON DELETE type (statement parsing is required), but the
information schema gives the information in a segregated manner.

The pg_get_*def() functions seem to have been created primarily for psql
and pg_dump.
--
Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>

PGP Key: http://www.rbt.ca/rbtpub.asc