Re: 7.2 -> 7.3 timespan, interval etc.

От Nabil Sayegh
Тема Re: 7.2 -> 7.3 timespan, interval etc.
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Am Don, 2003-06-05 um 08.04 schrieb Tom Lane:
> Nabil Sayegh <postgresql@e-trolley.de> writes:
> > Some of our projects (7.2) use timespan() which for example evaluates:
> > SELECT timespan('5 seconds');
> >  interval
> > ----------
> >  @ 5 secs
>
> Oh?  I get
>
> regression=# SELECT timespan('5 seconds');
>  interval
> ----------
>  00:00:05
> (1 row)

Hm. Could be because of datestyle german.

> in 7.0, 7.1, and 7.2.  I see this in the 7.0 release notes:
>
>     * The date/time types datetime and timespan have been superseded by
>        the SQL92-defined types timestamp and interval. Although there has
>        been some effort to ease the transition by allowing PostgreSQL to
>        recognize the deprecated type names and translate them to the new
>        type names, this mechanism may not be completely transparent to
>        your existing application.

Do you know of more datatypes that changed ?
Is it rather more (>10) types or just the above ?

thx
--
 e-Trolley Sayegh & John, Nabil Sayegh
 Tel.: 0700 etrolley /// 0700 38765539

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Calculation error
От: Manfred Koizar
Сообщение: Re: Updatable view does not work [oops, quite long!]