Re: Updated backslash consistency patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Updated backslash consistency patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> On Thu, Jan 15, 2009 at 01:46:08PM -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
>> That's better than nothing, but it still doesn't help when I want to do:
>> psql -c '\df' | grep bool

> psql -c '\dfS' |grep bool

That presumes the opposite case, when you only want to see system
functions.

I hesitate to suggest this, but maybe an acceptable compromise is\df -> old behavior\dfS -> only system functions\dfU
->only user functions

I do not actually believe that either of the latter really makes
sense in combination with a pattern, but if people are going to
insist on seeing a misleading view of the system state, let's at
least make it symmetric.