Re: Blocking access to the database??

От Network Administrator
Тема Re: Blocking access to the database??
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Quoting Carlos <Carlos@pbsinet.com>:

> Hi Forum,
>
> Is there a way to block access to the database or terminate ongoing
> connections while I carry-out updates or backups?
>
> Thanks in advance for your reply

In the system catalog, the pg_database table has a flag (bool field) that
controls access to the database.  I would think you could set that to false (as
the database admin user) do you work and then set it back to true.

I'm sure there is a better way of doing this though.  So I'm curious what other
people have to suggest.

--
Keith C. Perry
Director of Networks & Applications