Addition to pgsql-odbc FAQ

От Peter S. Hamlen
Тема Addition to pgsql-odbc FAQ
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
I just got Business Objects working with Postgresql ODBC and there are a
few things that you need to do to get it to work.  I would like to
submit the following FAQ item under "Other Apps"  (a new category)

Will Postgresql ODBC work with Business Objects?

Yes, with three caveats.

1)  Technically, Business Objects does not support PostgreSQL.  They do
support generic ODBC access to databases, however.

2)  You must change the ODBC parameter file on any machine that uses
Designer.  The ODBC files is usually C:\Program Files\Business
Objects\Data Access X.X\ODBC\ODBC10EN.PRM.  You must change the OWNER
parameter to N and the QUALIFIER parameter to N (ie, OWNER=N,
QUALIFIER=N).
     NOTE:  It is only necessary to change this file for people who use
Designer.  BusinessObjects, WebIntelligence, and all other BO programs
that use existing Universes are unaffected.

3)  As with all other generic ODBC connections, you cannot do outer
joins in Designer.