Fwd: Re: mod_perl + PostgreSQL implementation

От Network Administrator
Тема Fwd: Re: mod_perl + PostgreSQL implementation
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sorry, I forget to reply to the list with this...

----- Forwarded message from keith@vcsn.com -----
    Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 16:33:12 -0400
    From: keith@vcsn.com
 Subject: Re: [GENERAL] mod_perl + PostgreSQL implementation

Hey Alex,

I use mod_perl for most of my heavy duty apps but I feel your pain because it
took me awhile to get it going too- for a chat/e-communities type site no less.

Two questions I have:

1) What is your httpd.conf look like?  Do you have all the necessary components
   to have Apache process the script as a mod_perl script?

2) Have you checked the environment vars to see if you have the mod_perl
   vars?

For instance, on my 2.0.45 server, I get this...

MOD_PERL="mod_perl/1.99_09"

On an 1.3.x server, I have

MOD_PERL="mod_perl/1.25"

I have a script called printenv.mpl that does this.  Its the same as
printenv.cgi but I use .mpl to identify my mod_perl scripts.

> hello...
>
> I'm getting really frustrated now... I have nearly no hair left...
>
> after hours of trying I finally intalled mod_perl(1.3.27) and a new
> apache(1.3.27) - I istalled/compiled mod_perl as DSO/apxs...
>
> everything works fine, really - except loading the Pg module - not
> DBD::Pg, but Pg (v. 2.0.2). if I do start a script like that (in the
> mod_perl directory) then the harddrive starts workig like on steroids
> and soon the browser just stops receiving data or stops waiting for the
> server. I took a look at the syslog and found a few glorious lines
> (about 20) - each request for that script kills on daemon.
>

> May 19 00:36:07 TOXIC6 kernel: Out of Memory: Killed process 18677 (httpd).
>
> -------------- code --------------
> use Pg;
> use strict;
>
> print "content-type: text/html\n\n";
>
> print "TEST!";
> -------------- code --------------
>
> ...and thats all... the daemon gets killed because of "no memory"
>

> the thing is that I can start the very same script in /cgi-bin and it'll
> work flawlessly!
>
> there have been discussions about a memory leak - but I don't know if it
> has been fixed yet...
>

> cheers - alex

> http://archives.postgresql.org

This email account is being host by: