Re: Extended queries

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Extended queries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> writes:
> My point is, message xyz is immediately delivered or not is not very
> cleary described in the docs.
> For example in "simple" quries at the completion of the commands
> CommandComplete is immediately delivered despite it's not cleary
> stated in the docs.

Well, the protocol doc says
    The simple Query message is approximately equivalent to the series Parse,    Bind, portal Describe, Execute, Close,
Sync,using the unnamed ...                                           ^^^^

and it's the Sync part that ensures prompt delivery.  But feel free to
propose improved wording.