Re: server process segfaulting

От James Gregory
Тема Re: server process segfaulting
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 01:53, Tom Lane wrote:
> James Gregory <james@anchor.net.au> writes:
> > The logs from the point where it is dying are below. The last queries
> > before the segfault are coming from a trigger I wrote in plpython to do
> > referential integrity checking for inherited tables (I posted about it
> > before writing said code).
>
> Um.  There was a report that plpython triggers get confused if you try
> to apply the same trigger procedure to multiple tables (it tries to use
> the first table's row descriptor with all the other tables, and yes that
> can lead to a segfault).

Is it only plpython that has the problem? If I wanted to fix this where
would I start looking? presumably pgsql/src/plpython/plpython.c. Do you
have a link with more info about the bug by any chance?

Many thanks for your help. My code is exhibiting exactly that behaviour,
so it sounds like that's what the problem is.

James.