Re: Caching Websites

От Ericson Smith
Тема Re: Caching Websites
Список pgsql-general
Maybe a little out of the loop... but if you're caching website stuff
(html?, xml?), then it might be best not to use the Database. If your DB
goes down... your content site goes down too.

I remember a project a little while back where we actually used plain
ol, DBM files to cache the content. It was tens of times faster than the
database, and would stay up no matter what.

I see what your're saying about the LO's but IMHO, the DB is not the
best place for cached content.

- Ericson Smith
eric@did-it.com

--