Importing Data into an Old Version of Postgres

От Scott W. Hill
Тема Importing Data into an Old Version of Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Sorry to cross-post, but the Admin list doesn't appear to be very active...

I'm switching service providers, and going from a 7.3.2 database to 7.2.3.
I've done a pg_dump of my database, and much of my data has embedded
newlines (represented as '/n' in the dump file). These seem to be causing
many errors during the import (using psql) into the older database,
although the same dump can be imported into another 7.3.x database.

I understand that the dump data formats change between major releases, and
am wondering if there's a workaround that someone knows that can facilitate
my needs. I've looked in the archives, and only found problems related to
Windows linefeed munging, which isn't the case here since there is no
Windows step in my workflow.

TIA,

--Scott