Re: ANALYZE after restore

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ANALYZE after restore
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jan Wieck <janwieck@yahoo.com> writes:
>     ... And  PostgreSQL  needs  some  frequent  VACUUM
>     anyway, so after a while this problem solves itself  for  the
>     average user.

Yes, that's the key point for me too.  Anyone who doesn't set up for
routine vacuums/analyzes is going to have performance problems anyway.
Attacking that by making pg_dump force a vacuum is attacking the wrong
place.

There's been discussion of adding automatic background vacuums to
Postgres; that seems like a more useful response to the issue.