Re: Run pgindent now?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Run pgindent now?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> A longer-term fix would be to make pgindent less stupid about this sort
>> of usage, but nobody's yet volunteered to dig into the guts of that code.

> We've discussed in the past that we could use something other than BSD's
> indent -- astyle has been mentioned.  It seems that with suitable
> options, we could make the result very close to what we have now, and
> not be forced to deal with typedef lists and other nonsense.

Meh.  As far as I know, nobody's ever gotten decent-looking results from
other tools.  Also, if we say "use astyle" then we're vulnerable to
different peoples' installations producing different results.  There is
a whole lot to be said for bundling the tool into our source tree, if
we're going to recommend patching processes that depend on reproducible
results.

Сообщение: Re: brin regression test intermittent failures
Сообщение: Re: brin regression test intermittent failures