Re: Are we losing momentum?

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: Are we losing momentum?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2003-04-15 at 15:35, ow wrote:
> Some databases contain lots of data, e.g. dbs that contain historical
> data. No one wants to have one HUGE db that runs all company's apps,
> takes hours (if not days) to recover and when this huge db goes down
> none of the apps is available.

Are you talking about queries between databases on the same postmaster
(i.e. running under the same PostgreSQL installation), or queries
between postmasters running on different systems? If the former, I don't
see how putting your data into multiple schemas in a single database is
significantly less reliable than putting it into multiple databases.

Cheers,

Neil