Re: changeset generation v5-01 - Patches & git tree

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: changeset generation v5-01 - Patches & git tree
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On the other hand, I can't entirely shake the feeling that adding the
> information into WAL would be more reliable.

That feeling has been nagging at me too.  I can't demonstrate that
there's a problem when an ALTER TABLE is in process of rewriting a table
into a new relfilenode number, but I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling
about the reliability of reverse lookups for this.  At the very least
it's going to require some hard-to-verify restriction about how we
can't start doing changeset reconstruction in the middle of a
transaction that's doing DDL.