Re: checking return value from unlink in write_relcache_init_file

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: checking return value from unlink in write_relcache_init_file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Zhihong Yu <zyu@yugabyte.com> writes:
> Please comment on the proposed patch.

If the unlink fails, there's only really a problem if the subsequent
open() fails to overwrite the file --- and that stanza is perfectly
capable of complaining for itself.  So I think the code is fine and
there's no need for a separate message about the unlink.  Refusing to
proceed, as you've done here, is strictly worse than what we have.