Re: [ADMIN] PLEASE HELP ME URGENT about choosing only the ones

От Tim Ellis
Тема Re: [ADMIN] PLEASE HELP ME URGENT about choosing only the ones
Дата
Ответ на PLEASE HELP ME URGENT about choosing only the ones that i want while entering the data to postgresql with pgaccess on linux or windows or pgadmin II  (Himmet Karaman <karamanhi@itu.edu.tr>)
Список pgsql-docs
On Thu, 2003-04-10 at 06:06, Himmet Karaman wrote:
> Can anyone help me about how can i configure it to be able to choose
> only some types of data (for example to enter the name of the city to
> one of the columns [or fields] the one who is entering th data must be
> able to choose only the cities that i want to be added and how can i

You want code tables. You can enforce the referential integrity via
triggers or, if you like living on the edge, in the application.

This isn't a difficult problem, but nor is it the type of thing you'll
get resolved on mailing lists. You need a database developer, or you
need to get some books and become one yourself.

--
Tim Ellis
Senior Database Architect and author, tedia2sql (http://tedia2sql.tigris.org)