Re: More thoughts about FE/BE protocol

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: More thoughts about FE/BE protocol
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane kirjutas N, 10.04.2003 kell 19:59:
> Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee> writes:

> > Also there should be a way to tell the backend not to send some types of
> > notices/warnings.
>
> We already have that, see client_min_message_level.

What I would like would be possibility to better support interactive
applications, namely updating progress bar by sending some extra
out-of-band info (expected rows, how much work has backend done, etc) as
notices.

At the same time I would like to not get some warnings. Thus just having
min-level is not good enough.

Hannu