Re: show all;

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: show all;
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Marko Kreen <marko@l-t.ee> writes:
> As I understand Tom, all vars should go through GUC and some of
> the current .conf vars will be SET-able.  So RESET ALL would
> be quite weird.

RESET ALL should re-establish the same state of the conf vars that you'd
get with a freshly started backend.  This doesn't seem weird or even in
need of discussion ...

> 1) rolls TX back, so you are not in any TX

This I do not agree with; it ties together two concepts that are better
kept separate.  (If SET were under transaction control, my opinion might
be different ... but it isn't.)  There is nothing wrong with sending a
ROLLBACK if you want to be sure you are not in a transaction block.
Further, there could be situations where you want to RESET the conf vars
without forcing a rollback.