Re: column label

От Ryan
Тема Re: column label
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> Uz.ytkownik Ryan napisa?:
>> Ok I have a query in a program that looks something like this
>>
>> select
>>  reference_number as foo,
>>  '(10,10)'::point <-> point(x,y) as distance
>> from imagemap
>>  where
>>   index_number = '2322' and
>>   block_number = '140'
>>  order by distance
>>  limit 1;
>>
>> I wanted to add a clause in where 'and distance < 30'
>> but according to the postgres manual it says I cannot do that for
>> WHERE or HAVING clauses, instead use the real name.
>>
>> However dropping the 'as distance' from my query gives me a column
>> name of '?column?' which happens to not be worth a dang thing.
>>
>> How can it be done?
>>
>> (I suddenly have a feeling its going to require a subselect)
> Your feeling is 50% accurate. If you want to use subselect, throw "<10"
> into this subselect, because you will have performance loss.
>
> You can also use whole function in where clause and order by:
>   select
>    reference_number as foo,
>    '(10,10)'::point <-> point(x,y) as distance
>   from imagemap
>    where
>     index_number = '2322' and
>     block_number = '140'
>    where '(10,10)'::point <-> point(x,y)<10
>    order by '(10,10)'::point <-> point(x,y)
>    limit 1;
>
> BTW Did you try to use polygons in your image maps, or you have rather
> point oriented web page than area oriented?
>
> Regards,
> Tomasz Myrta
Thats kind of a pain...  I'd rather perform the calculation once and then
do my order and where on the one value.  Is there any reason why postgres
does not recognize labels under WHERE?

The reason I use points is because my customized web-based image
mapping/ocr program can deal with points very aptly.  Also with a distance
based calc overlap is not really an issue as with polygons.  The reason I
am trying to limit the distance is simply to cut out clicking on far away
parts of the image.  Heck, I could check distance on the program side of
things but I try and keep as much in SQL as possible.

Ryan

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Robert Treat
Сообщение: Re: How to increase Column width of table
От: Andreas Pflug
Сообщение: Re: How to increase Column width of table