Doubt in Value insertion to an Array column through JDBC]

От Shanmugasundaram Doraisamy
Тема Doubt in Value insertion to an Array column through JDBC]
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Dear Group,
        We are using Postgresql 7.3.1 on Redhat 7.3. The following is the problem I am facing:

    I am having a table with the following structure:

    Table Name: address_using_array

          COLUMN_NAME        TYPE    CONSTRAINT
          -------------------------------------
    1.     name              text       -
    2.     address           text[]     -
    3.     email             text       -

    I tried the following combinations and I got the exceptions as a
result (It is also given).
    My java program Name is DBTestWithArrayColumn.java.

        a)   PreparedStatement pStmt =
                        connection.prepareStatement("insert into
address_using_array values(?,{?,?},?)");
             pStmt.setString(1,"Subramanian. S");
             pStmt.setString(2,"First Street");
             pStmt.setString(3,"Friends Nagar");
             pStmt.setString(4,"ssm_pandu@ceedees.com");
             if(pStmt.execute()) System.out.println("Successfully
inserted");

           Output:
            ------
                java.sql.SQLException: ERROR:  parser: parse error at or
near "{" at character 58
                 at
DBTestWithArrayColumn.main(DBTestWithArrayColumn.java:28)

    The doubt is "How to insert values to the 'address' column through
JDBC?".

Thanking you,
Shanmugasundaram Doraisamy