Re: "hide" values in a column

От Rod Taylor
Тема Re: "hide" values in a column
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 16:12, Valerie Goodman wrote:
> Background:  The maniacs I work for want an e-suggestion box.  The identity
> of the suggestor must not be known, but the suggestion box administrator
> must be able to respond privately back to that person so I can't just
> completely leave out the identity of a suggestor against his/her suggestion.
> The suggestor is meant to be have complete anonymity.
>
> The real question:  How do I completely "hide"/encrypt the values in the
> emp_id column even from me (who would be using psql) without the easy
> possibility of decoding it?

Write something in C, load it as a function.

Then call it when inserting data into that field.

I suggest using GPG and encrypting via a public key.  This ensures only
the person with the private key can decrypt the information.

--
Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>

PGP Key: http://www.rbt.ca/rbtpub.asc

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: