Re: [ADMIN] uppercase = lowercase

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: [ADMIN] uppercase = lowercase
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 13:11, Rod Taylor wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 12:49, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > Guys,
> >
> > > This is what techdocs.postgresql.org is for.
> >
> > I've been thinking for some time that we need a Postgresql resouce
> site that's
> > more open to multiple contributors than the current hard-coded HTML of
>
> > Techdocs.   I was planning on experimenting in porting PostNuke to
> > PostgreSQL, but haven't had time.

I've looked at it before. The hard part is reconciling the fact that so
much logic has been put into the application to make up for the lack of
features in mysql.

Personally I think the zope/zwiki combination (that Justin has been
promoting for the guides section) is fine for this type of thing, we
just need someone to get a better handle on the situation. I have half a
list done of some things that need to be done with techdocs, but have
found time to get it finalized to really do anything about it. I suspect
that Justin has the same issue; that is, he's pulled in so many
different directions that techdocs quickly falls low on his priority
list.

> Step 1: Put all of the websites into CVS
> Step 2: Make them accessible by anonymous CVS
> Step 3: Advertise somewhere how to get and change sources, and submit a
> patch.
>
> I can't count the number of times I've sent in emails when I would have
> preferred to send a patch.  The only website I can find source for
> (without trying hard) is developers.postgresql.org.

Good lord if this isn't true. I'm not sure why the current maintainers
have shied away from it, but they have. I'm actually putting the
finishing touches on a proposal for the www group to get things moved
into CVS, it's my current "hot topic" I'm trying to focus on (after
weekly news, newsgroups, phppgadmin stuff (development/website/demo
site), oh and my job and wife and kids... yeesh.) I think I can finish
it up today or tomorrow, it's nothing monumental, more of a statement of
goals...

Robert Treat

Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] uppercase = lowercase
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] uppercase = lowercase