Re: Closing one connection closes all connections?

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Closing one connection closes all connections?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
See my comments below

On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 05:15, Ian McFarland wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm getting interesting behavior from connection pooling when I use
> PostgreSQL + pg73jdbc2ee.jar: specifically, closing one connection from
> the pool seems to close all connections: (This example using Tomcat.)
>

> Test 0.
> Comparing two connection objects from PostgreSQL driver:
> org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolableConnection@895cb9,
> org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolableConnection@26a4a2: Equal? false
> con.isClosed(): false
> con2.isClosed(): false
> Closing con with con.close()
> con.isClosed(): true
> con2.isClosed(): true
> End of test 0.
>
> The connection in question is being returned from a
> datasource.getConnection() call. As a separate issue, sometimes this
> same call will in fact return the same instance of a connection in two
> subsequent calls. I haven't gone and looked at the spec yet, but this
> seems to me to be incorrect behavior. (As does the behavior illustrated
> above.)
yes this is not correct behaviour

> Where is the canonical source for the JDBC driver, anyway? I'd love to
> look through the source for it and see if I can track down this issue.
check http://developer.postgresql.org/TODO/docs/cvs.html to see how to
download the source

get all of it and go through the exercise of ./configure --with-java to
set everything up. You don't need to but this will make it easier. You
can just specify the -D options for ant and build just the java source

> Are people using connection pooling with PostgreSQL successfully in
> production code? Do I have the wrong version of the JAR? I tried to
> find more on this in the list archives, but wasn't able to so far.
> Sorry if this is a FAQ and I'm overlooking something.
I don't use it, I create my own pool

Dave

--
Dave Cramer <Dave@micro-automation.net>