Re: OIDs as keys

От Rod Taylor
Тема Re: OIDs as keys
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 08:54, Neil Conway wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-02-27 at 02:30, Tom Lane wrote:
> > It's moving in the wrong direction.  We've been slowly eliminating
> > unnecessary nonstandardisms in pg_dump output; this puts in a new one
> > in a quite fundamental place.  You could perhaps expect another DB
> > to drop commands it didn't understand like SET SEARCH_PATH ... but if
> > it drops all your CREATE TABLEs, you ain't got much dump left to load.
>
> Rather than specifying the use of OIDs by WITH OIDS clauses for each
> CREATE TABLE in a dump, couldn't we do it by adding a SET command that
> toggles the 'use_oids' GUC option prior to every CREATE TABLE? That way,
> a user concerned with portability could fairly easily strip out (or just
> ignore) the SET commands.

Toggling the SET command prior to each table creation?  Thats an
excellent idea.  It should also allow us to easily transition to the
default being off after a release or two.

--
Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>

PGP Key: http://www.rbt.ca/rbtpub.asc

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Planner matching constants across tables in a join
Сообщение: Re: Planner matching constants across tables in a join