Re: reindex vs. drop index , create index

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: reindex vs. drop index , create index
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 12:03, Henrik Steffen wrote:
> a few weeks ago I turned to REINDEXing my tables instead of DROPping and
> reCREATEing them.
>
> now, however, I again have problems when VACUUMing or REINDEXing these
> tables. Postgres states that the connection has been lost etc.

Can you provide the exact error message, as well as the version of
PostgreSQL you're using and any relevant OS version details.

Also, it sounds like PostgreSQL might be dumping core. If that's the
case, providing a backtrace from the core file (using gdb) would be
helpful. It would be especially helpful if you could recompile
PostgreSQL with debugging symbols (./configure --enable-debug) and get a
backtrace after that.

Cheers,

Neil