Re: Long options for pg_ctl waiting

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Long options for pg_ctl waiting
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Vik Fearing <vik@2ndquadrant.fr> writes:
> On 09/08/2016 01:05 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I'm pretty much -1 on printing a warning.  There's no ambiguity, and no
>> real reason for us ever to remove the old spellings.  Standardizing on
>> "no-" going forward makes sense, but let's not slap people's wrists for
>> existing usage.  (Or: if it ain't broke, don't break it.)

> One could also argue that 2 out of 53 "no" options omitting the dash is
> in fact broken, and a real reason to remove them.

I do not buy that.  As a counter argument, consider that removing them
would make it impossible to write a script that works with both old
and new versions of PG.  That's a mighty high price to pay for what
is little more than pedantry.

Сообщение: Re: Long options for pg_ctl waiting
Сообщение: Re: Long options for pg_ctl waiting