Re: PostgreSQL Benchmarks

От Greg Copeland
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Benchmarks
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 08:31, Mario Weilguni wrote:
> >Hrm.  I just saw that the PHP ADODB guy just published a bunch of database
> >benchmarks.  It's fairly evident to me that benchmarking PostgreSQL on
> >Win32 isn't really fair:
>
> >http://php.weblogs.com/oracle_mysql_performance
>
> And why is the highly advocated transaction capable MySQL 4 not tested?
> That's the problem, for every performance test they choose ISAM tables, and
> when transactions are mentioned it's said "MySQL has transactions". But why
> no benchmarks?

Insert Statement

Not using bind variables (MySQL and Oracle):
$DB->BeginTrans();

Using bind variables:
$DB->BeginTrans();

PL/SQL Insert Benchmark
Appears to not initiate a transaction.  I'm assuming this is because
it's implicitly within a transaction?  Oddly enough, I am seeing
explicit commits here.

It appears that the benchmarks are attempting to use transactions,
however, I have no idea if MySQL's HEAP supports them.  For all I know,
transactions are being silently ignored.

Regards,

--
Greg Copeland <greg@copelandconsulting.net>
Copeland Computer Consulting