Re: Calculation of unused columns

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Calculation of unused columns
Дата
Re: Calculation of unused columns
Список pgsql-performance
> On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 1:59 PM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Even if country.id is a primary or unique key?

> Well, we currently don't have any logic for making inferences based on
> unique constraints.

Huh?
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2009-09/msg00159.php

Admittedly it's just one case and there's lots more to be done, but it's
more than nothing.  So this is a *potential* argument for trying to trim
subquery outputs.  What I'm not sure about is whether there are common
cases where this would be applicable below a non-flattenable subquery.

Сообщение: Re: Calculation of unused columns
Сообщение: Re: Calculation of unused columns