Re: crypt

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: crypt
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 2003-01-29 at 02:02, Dennis Gearon wrote:
> I want to encrypt certain data fields in  some tables in order to keep a
> customer happy about security, ( and since this is on a hosted site, I
> can't control security anyway )

... and your question is what, exactly?

For crypto options, see
http://www.ca.postgresql.org/docs/faq-english.html#4.28 -- I'd think
pgcrypto is probably the best bet for you.

> Can pl/pgsql functions be pre compiled except for the arguments?

When a PL/PgSQL function is defined, some minimal parsing is done. The
first time in a given session that it is called, it is planned (once),
and the plan is used for future executions of the function (within that
session).

Cheers,

Neil