Re: tsearch comments

От eric@did-it.com
Тема Re: tsearch comments
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Good ideas,

I second them entirely.

We're using tsearch as well, and would like to see ranking in this
module. It would be great to have it on the DB level, instead of
middleware (perl, etc). Apparently there is built in proximity ranking?

I guess one of the problems with using the OpenFTS front end is
integration into existing systems that use different languages and
methodologies. Most of the time, you tend to want those results
delivered within your application, instead of outside of it in a general
purpose search engine.

Also, in many typical applications, the data is not necessarily
title/description based, for instance, we need to lookup data from just
a title, or sometimes a content column, and maybe even from our keywords
table.

- Ericson Smith
http://www.weightlossfriends.com