DbVisualizer shows same tables for all DBs

От Daniel Serodio
Тема DbVisualizer shows same tables for all DBs
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
I know Postgresql doesn't allow changing DBs with the same Connection,
but it should let tools know about this limitation via DatabaseMetadata.
I'm not particularly familiar with the JDBC spec, so I don't know if the
driver doesn't implement the spec correctly or if the spec doesn't cover
this sutiation.

The fact is, when I connect to a Postgresql DB using DbVisualizer Free
3.1 (www.minq.se) and latest JDBC driver (build 106), I specify which DB
I want to connect to in the connection URL (ie
"jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/testdb"), and 3 DBs show up: testdb,
template0 and template1. The weird thing is that template0 and template1
seem to be exact copies of testdb. AFAIK, what's really happening is
that the driver can't "see" other DBs besides the one I connected to
(testdb), so it shows all DBs as if they were the same. IMHO, this
behaviour is quite confusing.

--
Daniel Serodio <daniel@checkforte.com.br>
CheckForte