Re: stopping access to a database

От Charles Tassell
Тема Re: stopping access to a database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
There is no need to block all access, simply use a transaction.  IE:

begin work;
delete from table1;
delete from tabl2;
... so on ..
.. import data ...
commit work;

Anyone who connects while the delete/import is taking place will simply
see the old data, when you run the commit work command, all the new
queries will see the newly imported data.