Re: Moving/Using Postgres Binaries on multiple machines

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Moving/Using Postgres Binaries on multiple machines
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Francis Reed <freed@iel.ie> writes:
> We tested the principle with postgres 7.4.6 but found a what we believe is a
> compile time dependancy in create_conversion.sql where $libdir is not being
> resolved properly during the initdb process on the second machine.

We only started supporting the idea of a relocatable installation for
8.0; in prior versions you can't just arbitrarily install the files
to a different path than what you said at configure time.  Even in 8.0
the files have to remain in the same relative locations.