Re: 7.3 LOCK TABLE problem

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: 7.3 LOCK TABLE problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 11:20, Chris Gamache wrote:
> Tom's suggested solution worked GREAT in 7.2.x ... I tried taking the plunge
> into 7.3.1 tonight. In 7.3.1, when my FIFO queue program goes to grab a row,
> TWO processes grab the same row, almost without fail. I even changed my locking
> statement to the dreaded

Without knowing anything about "your FIFO queue program" or the queries
it is executing, it's kind of difficult to help you out. Exactly what
queries are being executed, in what order, and how does the result
differ from what you expect (and 7.2's behavior)?

AFAIK there weren't any significant changes to table-level locks in 7.3.

Cheers,

Neil