Re: Function for adding Money type

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: Function for adding Money type
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Sun, 2003-01-26 at 13:53, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

> This year, my team is planning on improving the MONEY type.  Of course, we can
> always make it a user defined type if PostgreSQL doesn't want it.  We will at
> least put it into contrib.  However, if people think that it is useful and
> want to leave it in the main tree that's good too.  What we want to do is a)
> switch to a 64 bit integer from a 32 bit integer in order to hold amounts of
> any reasonabe size and b) allow it to be cast to and from more types.
> Perhaps we can also add the ability to specify the number of decimal places
> on output but I am not sure if that would affect the primary benefit of using
> it, speed.

A money type needs to specify what currency is held.  The current one
changes the currency with the locale, which makes nonsense of existing
data.

========================================   "Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me      from my sin. For
Iacknowledge my transgressions; and      my sin is ever before me. Against thee, thee only,      have I sinned, and
donethis evil in thy sight..."                                  Psalms 51:2-4

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: