Re: LOCK TABLE & speeding up mass data loads

От Rod Taylor
Тема Re: LOCK TABLE & speeding up mass data loads
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Sat, 2003-01-25 at 13:57, Ron Johnson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Would LOCK TABLE ACCESS EXCLUSIVE MODE speed things up, when I have
> a script that loads data by setting transactions, and then committing
> works after every few thousand INSERTs?

If you're the only person working on the database, then no.  If you're
fighting for resources with a bunch of other people -- then possibly,
but the others won't get anything done during this timeframe (of
course).

Oh, and you're using COPY right?

--
Rod Taylor <rbt@rbt.ca>