Re: Survey results from the PostgreSQL portal page

От Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder
Тема Re: Survey results from the PostgreSQL portal page
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 2003-01-19 at 15:20, Justin Clift wrote:

> Now, we don't necessarily have a speed problem, as people who take the
> time to tune the database can attest to, so this is making me consider
> why such a large percentage of folk would vote for that.
>
> The possibilities that come to mind immediately are:

+ people measure postgresql by the speed of bulk imports

which seem to be faster on other dbs (I'm only repeating what I often
see on the lists), and don't consider that this is not something most
people do on a regular basis.

btw, PITR would get more hits if more people knew what it means... (Yes,
I know what it is, but I think many who don't read the mailing lists
etc. don't).

cheers
-- vbi

--
featured link: http://fortytwo.ch/gpg/subkeys

Сообщение: Re: Survey results from the PostgreSQL portal page
Сообщение: Re: Survey results from the PostgreSQL portal page