Re:

От Devrim GUNDUZ
Тема Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 10:13, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:

> In postgresql 7.3.1, if I do pg_dumpall -c, at the top of the dump file is
> this:
>
> DROP DATABASE au_shipping
> ;CREATE DATABASE au_shipping WITH OWNER = auadmin TEMPLATE = template0
> ENCODING = 'SQL_ASCII';
> DROP DATABASE au_test
> ;CREATE DATABASE au_test WITH OWNER = chriskl TEMPLATE = template0 ENCODING
> = 'SQL_ASCII';
> DROP DATABASE australia
> ;CREATE DATABASE australia WITH OWNER = auadmin TEMPLATE = template0
> ENCODING = 'SQL_ASCII';
> DROP DATABASE geeklog
> ;CREATE DATABASE geeklog WITH OWNER = chriskl TEMPLATE = template0 ENCODING
> = 'SQL_ASCII';
> DROP DATABASE keystone
> ;CREATE DATABASE keystone WITH OWNER = chriskl TEMPLATE = template0 ENCODING
> = 'SQL_ASCII';
>
> Why are all the CREATE DATABASE statements commented out?  Surely that will
> make the restore fail?

Just guessing:

The first line does not have a ; at the end; so the first semicolon (at
the beginning of second line) will end the first line; will not comment
the CREATE DATABASE line...

I mean, it might work as below:
DROP DATABASE au_shipping;

CREATE DATABASE au_shipping WITH OWNER = auadmin TEMPLATE = template0
ENCODING = 'SQL_ASCII';

?

Best regards,
--
Devrim GUNDUZ
TR.NET Sistem Destek Uzmani

Tel : (312) 295 93 18  Fax : (312) 295 94 94 Tel : (216) 542 90 00