Re: PostgreSQL on Windows [Viruschecked]

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: PostgreSQL on Windows [Viruschecked]
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2003-01-13 at 09:19, Patric Bechtel wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Jan 2003 15:06:22 +0100, Christoph Dalitz wrote:
>
> This "good" person on the list reached a beta of the 7.2 server around,
> so no REAL prob. It's some porting effort from multera.
> But AFAIK PostgreSQL is GPL'ed, so it is not allowed to modify and
> sell only? So ANY copy of whom ever modified PostgreSQL HAS to be free,
> or am I wrong? So how can it be pirated?

PostgreSQL is distributed under a BSD license, so people can make
changes to the code and keep them closed source. AFAIK this is what
dbexperts has done, so someone that used their source code to make there
own distribution would be pirating the software.

Robert Treat