Re: Sequence

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Sequence
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Alan, Simon,

You can't do this, at least not safely.

Sequences can't be rolled back and are visible across transactions. In
other words if thread 1 inserted a row, and before you read the sequence
thread b inserted a row, you would get the same value for both threads.
The only way I know is to get the sequence before hand and insert it.
The overhead is the same.

Dave

--
Dave Cramer <Dave@micro-automation.net>