Re: Ryu floating point output patch

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Ryu floating point output patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On a slightly unrelated note, is the small-is-zero variant output file
> for the float tests still required?

Hm, good question.  I had been about to respond that it must be,
but looking more closely at pg_regress.c I see that the default
expected-file will be tried if the one fingered by resultmap isn't
an exact match.  So if everybody is matching float8.out these
days, we wouldn't know it.

The only one of the resultmap entries I'm in a position to try
right now is x86 freebsd, and I can report that FreeBSD/x86
matches the default float8.out, and has done at least back to
FreeBSD 8.4.

It wouldn't be an unreasonable suspicion to guess that the other
BSDen have likewise been brought up to speed to produce ERANGE
on underflow, but I can't check it ATM.

On the other hand, cygwin is probably pretty frozen-in-time,
so it might still have the old behavior.  Can anyone check that?