Re: psql and readline

От Jean-Paul ARGUDO
Тема Re: psql and readline
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 15:30, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> > > Is there any way of making the 'up' arrow retrieve all of the last multiline
> > > query, instead of just the last line?  It's really annoying working with
> > > large multiline queries at the moment...

You could use ledit, piped with psql works great. I use it with sqlplus
from Oracle too, adds me readline functions sqlplus doesnt have:

Under Debian GNU/Linux:

$ apt-cache search ledit
ledit - A line editor for interactive programs.

It has some OpenCAML dependencies, beware.

After:

$ ledit | psql yourdatabase

...my 2 cents

--